Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Buzzard Bait

Another early morning....to beat the heat. No wind and early high temps make it tough for a young pups so I'm gonna give Sammy the benefit of the doubt. Took him to one of our favorite public spots and only moved one Sharptail, however, he had a nice stop to flush and waited for me to arrive. I haven't run Teigen the last couple of days, turns out he had limp tail syndrome and after a visit to the vet, some Rimadyl and some rest, he's all ready looking much better. I'll hopefully begin running him again on Sunday.

The heat has the ugly birds out....

Saw our first Partridge broods today driving back into town....two different broods and maybe a week apart in age. Both broods flew very well when flushed( forgive the picture quality, apparently my lens is not automatically focusing and I'm no professional ).



Here are the last two males looking smug and hopeful for new hunting homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment